Submission To: Mixology Monday XCIV: That's Not A Martini

That rascal Dagreb has challenged us (for Mixology Monday) to make a Martini that's not a Martini. Not in that adding "tini" as a suffix way but in the way that The Income Tax is not a Bronx but is still a Bronx. Or is it The Bronx?

So, a Martini that's more than itself but still identifiable as itself? Like a really good cover version of a song! Anyway, on with the show.

After several failed delicious experiments I settled on a drink. It occurred to me that a lemon twist might be a nice addition but it's really not needed.

Maxim
1 oz dry vermouth
1.5 oz dry gin
0.5 tsp creme de cacao

Stir well with ice. Strain in to a chilled coupe. No garnish.


Adapted from Esquire Drink Book

(Had I not watched myself add the cacao I don't know that I'd have noticed it in the drink. As it was I could tell there was… something but couldn't quite place it.)

There you have it. No juice. No bitters. No garnish. Taxi cab interior and a big block… and a kitschy air freshener.

Cheers!


Comments

Popular Posts