Mixology Monday 77: Smoke

This Month's Mixology Monday theme is smoke. Our host is @elanabean of Stir& Strain. I thought about doing something with Islay scotch. I mixed things with mezcal that ought not be repeated, or mentioned. I trapped smoke in my Boston in a less than fruitful attempt to smoke a drink. Ultimately I remembered that in F&W Cocktails 2012 there is a drink with smoke (and salt and cucumber) in the name. I didn't make that. Instead I made this delicious iced tea from the same book! From Anu Apte of Seattle's Rob Roy is the…

Rusty 2-60D
6 oz boiling water
1 tablespoon Lapsang Souchong
5 saffron threads
2 whole cloves
1 tablespoon honey

Combine water, tea, saffron and cloves. Steep for 8 minutes. Stir in honey until dissolved. Strain and cool. Once cooled pour in a chilled and ice-filled Collins glass. Garnish with a lemons wedge.


It goes well with spicy stir-fry. But don't take my word for it…

Cheers!
Be well!


Comments

Popular Posts