Things On My Mind

Come to think of it, that could be the title of any blog. Anyway, the things on my mind are Coffee & Collectibles and Plinky.

Coffee & Collectibles

Once upon a time I would daydream of collecting coffee-makers. Mostly of Moka pots. Pots of various sizes and function. Various colours and finishes. Various price points... Anyway, It didn't come to fruition. Mostly because of money, but partly because of redunancy. However, inadvertantly, I ended up with a coffee maker collection anyway. A french press, a Moka pot (a real one, a Bialetti), a single cup drip brewer, another "moka" pot (not a real one, but still Italian), a large drip brewer (a BrewStation from Hamilton Beach), another single cup drip brewer slightly smaller than the first, another large drip brewer, (a Bunn with a carafe, missing one carafe - more on that later), and finally an Ibrik. The Ibrik and the small single cup were both acquired as ancilliary tools. The small single cup was purchased so that the metal filter could be pillaged for the larger brewer. The Ibrik was purchased as a means of transporting water from the water cooler or the sink to the brewer on my desk. This week I finally put the Ibrik to proper use. It makes very nice coffee. Possibly nicer than the Moka, possibly easier than the other brewers, possibly less messy. Hmm, why did the world stop using this method? So, there you have it. A mish-mash collection of coffee-makers. I still need a syphon, an espresso maker, a ... what else? :-)

Plinky

Okay, so I was resistant to Plinky. I realise that most of my most recent blogs have been fueled by Plinky. Maybe I changed my mind. Maybe the questions got better. Who can say?

It's possible to connect Plinky to social network sites as well as blogs. It is also possible to connect updates from social network sites to updates on other social networks sites. I wonder if it's possible to connect everything in a big chain and make ones Internet presence explode in some sort of feedback loop? Probably not. ;)

More On That Later

The carafe brewer was a cast-off from my office. The carafe was accidentally broken one day. The brewer had long been a dust collector, so no one made any fuss about it. It came to pass that I acquired the brewer. I have looked online, I could replace the carafe with an authentic one for between $10 and $15. We haven't bothered. With all the other options for coffee, can you blame us? A Bunn does make good coffee though....

Comments

Popular Posts