Hawaii Kai Treasure

Ahoy! Pardon my absence.  I've still been drinking, fear not.  Again we have a drink calling for honey as opposed to honey mix/syrup.  There is also a call for gardenia blossom as a garnish.  We have a gardenia but it isn't in bloom. C'est la vie. I bought a silk flower


Hawaii Kai Treasure
2 oz lime juice
1 oz grapefruit juice
½ oz half & half
½ oz honey
½ oz orgeat
½ oz curaçao*
1½ oz light Puerto Rican rum**
Heat honey until liquid.  Whip with all other ingredients and 1 cup crushed ice in a blender. Pour into a grapefruit supreme glass or tiki bowl. Garnish with gardenia. 

*Maxime Trijol Orange Liqueur
**Havana Club 3 Años

My notes are thus: Delicious and creamy.  The Maxime Trijol really comes through.  Tart. Disappeared in a hurry.

This was a fun and interesting drink but the rum was overshadowed.  Ah well, I got to drink out of a cool bowl!







Hawaii Kai Treasure

Comments

Popular Posts