Greeny Greeny Greenpoint

Ahoy!

I haven't forgotten about you!  I've been continuing to make weekly Greenpoint cocktails (mostly) I just have been neglectful in sharing about them.  I could make a separate post for each but I shan't bother.  I've been sticking to the usual ratio but in light of some recent things i may change that, we'll see.

On with the show!

The recipe:

2 oz rye whisk(e)y
0.5 oz Yellow Chartreuse
0.5 oz sweet vermouth
1 dash orange bitters
1 dash aromatic bitters
1 twist of lemon

stir; strain; twist; serve up.

6/52 I used Alberta Premium whisky which is a 100% rye Canadian whisky.  Certainly a Canadian whisky and not a replacement for rye.  It does make nice cocktails but isn't something I would regularly drink on its own. Honey sweetness and herbs dominated this Greenpoint.

7/52  Jim Beam Rye, Yellow Chartreuse VEP, Angostura bitters & orange bitters, Gonzalez Byass vermouth. Lemon Twist. "A well balanced company. No ingredient upstaging any other"

8/52 Knob Creek & Strega (I did not note which bitters or vermouth I used) "Boozy and dry. Round sweetness creeps in later"

9&10/52 I made Old Fashioneds these weeks. Once with Knob Creek and once with Wild Turkey Rare Breed. I made no notes but rather enjoyed the experience of a simple cocktail and pleasent company. :)

11/52 Canadian Club 100% Rye, Yellow Chartreuse VEP, Gonzalez Byass, Ango bitterses. "Delicious, sweet and herbal.  Bread/grain later on."

12/52 Same as the previous but with Jim Beam Rye and a Meyer lemon twist. A striking new element seemed to emerge.  Something like dried herbs.  I suspect the meyer lemon is the source. 

Cheers!
Be well.

Comments

Popular Posts