A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To Tiki Tuesday

I was going to present a twist on an established drink but then the ripe guava at the grocery store smelled so inviting....

So I present to you a drink I've only just added to my repertoire. I believe I first came to know of this drink via Instagram and then an issue of Imbibe with a blurb about Paul McGee had the recipe. I almost always don't have guava or guava juice so it's been on the back burner for... a while. Far as I can surmise this was a Three Dots And A Dash drink and is not to be found at Lost Lake. An already nearly-lost modern tiki recipe? Perhaps....


Poipu Beach Boogie Board
1.5 oz Northern Harvest Rye Whisky
0.5 oz 151 rum
0.25 oz Luxardo maraschino
1 oz pineapple juice
1 oz lemon juice
0.5 oz guava juice*
0.75 oz grenadine
1 dash Angostura bitters

Blend with crushed ice (Shake with crushed ice and train into a tiki mug filled with crushed ice). Garnish with pineapple leaves and three cherries. Recipe adapted from TikiCentral.

Sometimes I blend drinks but usually I just shake and give it the full Rumdood (or is it the full Humuhumu?).

Cheers!


*you can make your own guava juice by blending cut up fruit with water and then straining the pulp. More water (as well as lemon juice and/or sugar) can be added then for your desired consistency.



Comments

Popular Posts