mixología Lunes xciii: azul

This month the theme is blue. Our host is Andrea at Ginhound. "Feel free to interpert blue as freely as you wish" eh? Haha!

First I made a Blue Monday. It wasn't blue. It was good but perhaps suits a future theme. The Best Year is good, to sip while listening to 10cc. If the music is over before the drink is pitch the rest of the drink in the sink. If the drink is over first, well…

I made a Blue Hawaiian or was it a Blue Hawaii? It doesn't matter.

I was going to make a Blue Monday as found in the Esky Drink Book but it really isn't that good, or my kinda thing. The instructions that "coloring may be omitted" was appealing in a subversive way though.

Then The Muse mentioned azul and Cazadores. I bought tequila. I bought reposado intending to try something akin to Dave Stolte's Repo Alexander orAlejandro de Oaxaca but it seemed it's still having it's kinks worked out. (I suppose I could have presented it and helped un-kink it but who am I kidding? I don't like things un-kink! ;) )

So I give you this drink. What's blue? The agave. A photo negative if it might also be blue I suppose.

Rosita In Repose
1.5 oz Tequila reposado
1 oz Campari
0.5 oz vermut da Torino
0.5 oz vermouth de Chambéry
1 dash Angostura bitters

Build in an old fashioned glass. Stir with cracked ice. Garnish with a lemon twist.


Recipe adapted from The Jerry Thomas Project …of all places!

Cheers!



Comments

Popular Posts