Penguin Month: Entry #9

I had not properly prepared for my deadline of this post so instead I posted some Lorem Ipsum and some descriptions in square brackets. This caused some confusion, I think. I've published the comment it elicited.

When first I read the forthcoming drink recipe I figured it would be similar to a Mai Tai. It is, perhaps drier. Wether you drink it from a straw or sip it from the glass I think might alter the perception of it. Anyway, here it is:

Waikikian
1.5 oz lemon juice
1 oz curaçao
0.75 oz orgeat
1.5 oz light Cuban Rum
1.5 oz Jamaican Rum
3 oz crushed ice

Blend all except Jamaican Rum with crushed ice. Pour into a DOF 2/3 full of crushed ice. Float Jamaican Rum. Garnish with a lime wheel and an orchid.


The original calls for light Puerto Rican rum buy as I'm in Ontario I take that to
mean "use Havana Club." If you're out of orchids you could always, well, stay tuned....

Cheers!


Comments

Anonymous said…
I know latin when I see it. Google's Latin translation: This tiki is half the battle WIN!, But because occasionally circumstances occur in which toil and pain can procure him some great. To take a trivial example, which of us ever undertakes laborious physical exercise, except to obtain some advantage from it. Or desires to obtain pain in the bullet train to find fault with in the pleasure of pain that produces no resultant good to flee. These cases are perfectly account of the system, they are in original text: that is the fault of those who toil, tiki

Popular Posts