Ginottod

Last weeks TDN theme was tall drinks.  So rather than the newfangled Old Fashioned I was about to have I made a tall drink. The club soda was all gone but there was chinotto in the fridge. It occurred to me that Campari and Chinotto share some similarity flavour wise so I started to experiment.  This was the result:

Ginottod
1.5 oz gin
3 drops Pernod†

Fill highball glass with ice and chinotto.  Float gin and Pernod.  Garnish with lime (or a lime creature).

Lime Monster

So, it's like a fizzy Negroni with Pernod subbed for vermouth.  Or something like that.  The original name was a portmanteau courtesy of Cutes: Ginotto.  I added a silent "d" for the Pernod. 

This drink will appear (sometime) on the Mixoloseum blog.  Even if Frederic takes matters into his own hands...

Cheers!


†I actually subbed for the Pernod, but we'll just keep that to ourselves.

Comments

frederic said…
I just posted the recipe on the TDN wrap up; I used the photo you posted on twitter @mixoloseum in the write-up to show off your garnish. If there's a problem with that, I can take it down, but otherwise the post has a link to your blog so they can read more about it here. Cheers, Fred.
Dagreb said…
Cheers to you Fred!

Read about all the Tall Drinks here: http://www.mixoloseum.com/blog/2011/06/tdn-tall-drinks-wrapup/
dear reader.

Popular Posts