Manhattan Rocks

When I first started enjoying cocktails a Manhattan was what I had most often. I drank them on the rocks until i had a really good one and then started enjoying them neat or straight up or whatever you want to call it.

When I was a teenager there was a dive club called Manhattan Rocks. I saw several bands play there. Most of the time it was local highschool bands. I did see Malhavoc play Manhattan Rocks and I also saw Monster Voodoo Machine.

I don't know what made me think of all this. I never paid much attention to the name of the club. It has since had many other names (and owners I expect). I realised today that Manhattan Rocks is also a way to order a drink. I wonder if it was meant to be a play on words. If it was I think it was lost on everyone. I can't recall seeing anyone drink anything other than beer at the place.

Oh well. What are you gonna do? Order a Manhattan Neat I suppose...

Comments

Popular Posts