A Heck Of A Deal..

More gardening today. We're getting there, mulch hides a multitude of sins. Anyway, all this weeding and whatnot requires garden waste bags. We bought paper ones. I'm sure you know the ones I mean. We bought them at the grocery store, partly because we could and partly because the packages seemed more generous than those at the home improvement and hardware stores. I hadn't thought much about it, until we used all of our mulch. Out we went to get more mulch, from the garden centre at the grocery store. After buying the mulch we went in to buy groceries. Again we saw the yard waste bags. Which we were not in need of. We had a look at them, the bundles seemed rather small....

We figured out what had happened. When we bought them they were still bundled for shipping, the plastic strapping hadn't been removed. So, we got 50 bags for the price of 5. Wow! I wonder how many others had the same good fortune. I wonder how much money the store lost. I wonder if someone was reprimanded.....

Well, it makes up for full price mulch when the garden centre is almost closed for the season.....

Comments

Popular Posts